Initial guidelines for dialogue
Questions we're still wondering about
- Suspend assumptions and certainties.
- Observe the observer.
- Listen to your listening.
- Slow down the inquiry .
- Be aware of thought.
- Befriend polarization.
- How often do people engage in something like dialogue without being aware of it, or reflecting on it explicitly? Is it
- How do you get people to the point of "laying it out on the line"?
- Why is it a risk to ask someone what they're feeling?
- We have observed, even in our group, that you get to "that" point (the point of revealing your thinking), and it is a risk.
Is there a good time? What triggers the decision to take the risk?
Go to Timeline
Return to entry page of Dialogue Digest